5.24.2005

Naked Yoga

Well, I don't know if I'll be joining any time soon, but you can now do nude yoga classes in San Francisco. Click on the title of this blog for an article in the SF Chronicle (with discreet photos). I've done Bikram yoga where the temperature is over 100 degrees, and it has always seemed just one step away from nude yoga because your sweat-drenched clothes stick to you like a second skin. I don't want to make fun of this naked yoga class though. I just love some of the quotes in the article, especially this keen observation from the reporter:

"Despite the variety in figures, some thin, some heavy, some taut, some sagging, there were no furtive glances at one another's bodies, no signs of arousal, just deep concentration on the tasks at hand: proper alignment, stretching and breathing."

I'm glad their were no "signs" of arousal--that could have been awkward, especially for certain prone mat positions (sorry, I couldn't resist a dumb comment).

I was going to talk about two movies I saw over the weekend, but now it seems too strange to jump into them after bringing up naked yoga, which is such a pure thing. I predict that naked yoga will only begin to increase in popularity over the next few years and eventually sweep the country as a major new trend. Actors will want to do it to become more comfortable with their bodies. Super attractive people will want to do it to show themselves off. Out of shape people will want to do it to torture the attractive people and improve themselves. Naked yoga is clearly the future. Be there now.

I'll leave you with another quote from a nude yoga participant:

"I like the sheer vulnerability of having no clothing and letting everything hang. There's no concealing anything anymore. There's no place to hide.''

Link

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey your blog is awesome,
My site is awesome too... it's all about tantra sex gallery. You should check it out at tantra sex gallery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home