10.30.2006

Back from Retreat

I'm back from 10 days of meditation. I've discovered that I excel at doing nothing, er, meditating (which is not to say that I excel at nothing, although I do excel at that, too). Here's a revised version of the poem I put up on the last post:

On Retreat at Spirit Rock (2005)

Emerging from the dining hall
after tea one evening, we see
the bright circle of a full moon
edging over the hillside.

A crowd of us gathers in silence--

everything depends
on just this moment.


*This above poem is partially influenced by William Carlos Williams and his famous poem The Red Wheelbarrow (note use of word "depends"):

The Red Wheelbarrow

so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home