8.19.2005

Midlife Crisis

There's a painful, but quite funny piece on Slate by Jonathan Ames right now about how he is 41 and his body is falling to pieces. I can relate to his ailments more than I'd care to admit, although I seem to be holding up slightly better so far (at age 39). One thing I have noticed with alarm is that my chest hair is turning grey, or maybe I'm growing new chest hair that is grey instead of dark brown. Except it's not even grey actually--it's white! And when you look at it super close, it looks clear really instead of white, like snippets of nylon fishing line. At any rate, this development is disturbing because it seems to indicate that winter is setting in or something. I'm no longer a "young buck" in any way. Here's a link to the Ames article:

http://www.slate.com/id/2124593/?nav=tap3

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home