11.09.2005

Gone Meditating (Back in 10 Days)

I'm off to a 10-day silent meditation retreat, so this blog will be silent for a while, too.

I did get to see the Dalai Lama two days in a row at Stanford. His Holiness was most impressive intellectually and yet also very playful and funny at times. One of the main things he said sounds very simple, but I still think about. He said, "We are all the same human beings, no differences. East-West, Tibetan-American, all same." He also stressed that we should all be working to make the world a better place for the future. His English is a bit choppy, but he makes great sense. "Future is open. Anything can be possible, but then much depend on our own behavior."

Also, I waved at the Dalai Lama as he was being driven away in the back of a black SUV with smoked windows, and he waved back right at me--the closest I came to making a personal connection (but I'll take it any day).

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home