9.09.2005

Pete's Photo in The New Yorker

My old BINGO (the zine) partner and fellow graduate of the CCAC undergrad photo program Peter Haakon Thompson has a photo illustration in the current issue of The New Yorker (September 12, 2005). His piece is on page 78 opposite an Ann Beattie short story entitled "Coping Stones." It looks really awesome, too. I believe the image was taken in Norway and is a self-portrait (like many of his images). Here is part of Pete's email announcing the news:

"a picture of mine is going to be published in the New Yorker as the fiction illustration for next week's issue. woah!?! I just found out yesterday when they tracked me down 20 minutes after the press deadline and told me I needed to get the print scanned and could I do it in 25 minutes. so it was pretty exciting there for a little while. most of you have probably seen the picture so I will just let you find it but it will be big so hard to miss."

*In other news, September 12 is also my birthday, and it's a big one that ends in a zero.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home